How to Renew Your US Tourist Visa Without Going to the US Embassy

Renew US tourist Visa Image Article Nicolas and de Vega Law

This article talks about renewing your US tourist visa without going to the US Embassy.

If qualified, you may be able to renew your US tourist visa by simply dropping your passport and required documents in designated drop off centers.

Renewing a visa during a pandemic may sound like a difficult task.  However, if qualified, renewing your US tourist visa may be a walk in the park.  If you answer YES to ALL of the questions below, you may be able to renew your US tourist visa by dropping your passport and required documents in designated drop off centers:

  1. I have a previous B1/B2 visa that I wish to renew.
  2. If B1/B2, my prior visa was valid for ten (10) years.
  3. My prior visa is still valid or expired within the last 48 months.
  4. I am a Philippine passport holder and live in the Philippines.
  5. I have my passport with my previous visa from the same visa category in my possession.
  6. My name, date of birth, and gender on my last visa are the same.
  7. If over the age of 14 years old, I previously provided fingerprints at the Embassy.
  8. The last time I applied for a visa it was approved.
  9. I have not requested an extension or change of status through USCIS. 

(Source: )

Once you pass the test above, you need to pay the US visa fee of US$160.00 or P8,000.00 via PesoNet or at RCBC. Before paying, please visit the website .

After this has been done, you will have to complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application or DS-160 Form online. You can fill it up by clicking this link .

Make sure that you allot ample time when you fill up the DS-160 Form since your personal circumstances (work, education, travel history, income, social media, etc.) will be extensively asked. Yes, it is true that the US embassy will ask your social media handles, so it is always prudent to act properly even in social media.

You will also be asked to upload your 2×2 photograph with white background online.  Ensure that you follow the photograph specifications of the US Embassy (i.e., show your ears, no glasses, no heavy make-up, etc.) so that your photo will not be rejected.

After filling up the DS-160 Form online, you will need to register an account on .

After you have completed the registration and upload of pertinent information, if qualified, you will receive an Interview Waiver submission letter spelling out the document checklist.  These documents are usually:

1. Interview Waiver Confirmation Letter

2.  Valid Passport

3.  Old passport with previous B1/B2 visa

4. Two 2×2 photos, white background, unretouched, on glossy paper, taken within the last 6 months, in neutral facial expression with both eyebrows and ears exposed.

5. DS-160 Confirmation Page

Once you have all these documents on hand, you may drop them to designated 2GO offices.  Please visit this website to learn the drop off centers:

If the US Embassy has approved your tourist visa renewal application, your passport, with the renewed US tourist visa, will be mailed to your address. Prepare to pay roughly P435.00 for the courier fee.

That is how to renew your US tourist visa without personally going to the US Embassy.


About Nicolas and De Vega Law Offices

If you need assistance  in corporate law, commercial law, corporate or commercial litigation, or civil or other criminal law-related issues,  we can help you. Nicolas and de Vega Law Offices is a full-service law firm in the Philippines.  You may visit us at the 16th Flr., Suite 1607 AIC Burgundy Empire Tower, ADB Ave., Ortigas Center, 1605 Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines.  You may also call us at +632 84706126, +632 84706130, +632 84016392 or e-mail us at [email protected]. Visit our website