Expertise in Information Technology Law and Cyber Law
Technology has become a part of our everyday lives. From our mobile phones to our computers, the rise of technology has made people citizens of the world, enabling individuals and businesses to reach out easily across borders. This is further bolstered by the COVID-19 pandemic which strengthened the use of online platforms and technology to go about one’s daily life and company operations.
This complexity has made the need to legally protect the collection, dissemination, use and storage of information in the cyber or digital world. Information technology law, oftentimes referred to as IT law, ICT Law, tech law, cyber law, computer law, electronic law, internet law, social media law, is one of the fields of specialization of the firm. The Head of our IT Law Department has a background in Computer Engineering. This, coupled with a Juris Doctor Degree in Law, has made our Firm one of the few law firms in the country who is well-versed in IT law.
We advise our clients in an extensive range of technology law issues, such as transactions, legal issues, and concerns relating to software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS), and other forms of cloud computing, enterprise computing, and its applications, end-to-end technology dealings, implementation of enterprise resource planning, software licensing, e-commerce transactions, ICT disputes, domain name disputes and cybersquatting, ICT arbitration and mediation, and the prevention and prosecution of cybercrime, and the like. Data Privacy Law, which also forms part of our firm’s key areas of specialization, is complementary to our IT law practice, and through this practice area, we are able to provide comprehensive advise, not only in your legal-IT concerns, but more importantly, on your regulatory and compliance requirements.
In relation to Information Technology Law, we can also help you in:
- Local and International Taxation, International Business and Tax Structuring of your IT business or transaction
- Negotiation, drafting and review of IT contracts and agreements
- Due Diligence and Legal Audit of your Systems, Processes, and Existing Policies
- Licensing, franchising, registration, prosecution and maintenance of intellectual property and trade secrets, in relation to your systems, software, patentable inventions and devices, and other information technology solutions that you would like to protect
- Corporate and commercial litigation, corporate intellectual property enforcement actions, disputes, arbitration and mediation, both in the Philippine courts, with the WIPO, and other venues
- Comprehensive labor and employment management assistance, from drafting and review of employment contracts and company policies, in relation to non-traditional work-office arrangements, use and ownership of equipment, online office facilities, etc.
- All other corporate legal services provided under the traditional or brick-and-mortar business setting, but applied to IT enterprises.
If you have done any transaction online or have internet presence, most likely, you are affected by information technology laws.
Let us help you. For further inquiries, you may seek legal assistance by e-mailing us at [email protected].
Nicolas & De Vega Law Offices is a full service law firm in the Philippines. You may visit us at the 16th Flr., Suite 1607 AIC Burgundy Empire Tower, ADB Ave., Ortigas Center, 1605 Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines. You may also call us at +632 84706126, +632 84706130, +632 84016392.