16th Apr 2013
Any person, natural or juridical, cooperative or association, or business entity or enterprise engaged in production, processing, manufacturing of products or commodities, including agro-processing, trading and services may apply for Certificate of Authority as a BMBE provided that they should have at least a total asset value, including those arising from loans but exclusive of the land on which the particular business entity’s office, plant and equipment are situated, of not more than Three Million Pesos (P3,000,000.00) .
However, it must be noted that entities exercising their professions cannot qualify as a BMBE.
In order to secure a BMBE Certification, the following must be submitted:
1. Duly filled up and signed BMBE Application Form and
2. DTI registration for sole proprietorship; SEC registration for corporations, partnerships or association; CDA registration for cooperatives
Pertinently, the registration and issuance of a Certificate of Authority as a BMBE is free of charge.
These documents must be filed with the Department of Trade & Industry (DTI), through the Negosyo Center. The DTI Negosyo Center should issue the Certificate of Authority within fifteen (15) working days upon submission of complete documents.
The Certificate of Authority shall be effective for a period of two (2) years, renewable for a period of two (2) years for every renewal.
The benefits of a BMBE are as follows:
1. Exemption from income tax arising from the operations of the enterprise.
2. Exemption from the coverage of the Minimum Wage Law, provided, that all employees covered under this Act shall be entitled to the same benefits given to any regular employee such as social security and healthcare benefits.
3. Access to financial assistance by designated financial institutions.
4. Access to training and technology transfer assistance by the government
This is how to secure a Certificate of Authority as BMBE in the Philippines.
For further inquiries, you may seek legal assistance by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nicolas & De Vega Law Offices is a full service law firm in the Philippines. You may visit us at the 16th Flr., Suite 1607 AIC Burgundy Empire Tower, ADB Ave., Ortigas Center, 1605 Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines. You may also call us at +632 4706126, +632 4706130, +632 4016392.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.